Doorstep Waterproofing Services & Heat Proofing Services in Karachi
Basement Waterproofing Services
Basement Waterproofing Services in Karachi
One of the most common problems in the waterproofing sector. There is two major part of basement waterproofing Services.
- Negative Side: Negative side basement waterproofing is carried out from the inside of the structure i.e on the retaining wall face, which is not in contact with the water source.
- Positive side: Positive side Basement waterproofing is carried out on the retaining wall face that is directly in contact with the water source.
Basement Water Proofing:
Causes of Leakage:
- Underground water level which is underneath your basement floor or at the bottom of the walls is under significant pressure, due to the weight of groundwater above it pressing down.
- Sewerage Gutters and fractured pipelines close to basement walls caused leakage in the basement.
- Water flow into the basement wall/floor joints, through cracks in the foundation walls and holes created by faulty or decaying concrete structure of building.
- A perimeter trench drain collects the water before it enters into the basement caused leakage.
- Wall vapor barriers and drip moldings are used and incorporated into the sub-slab perimeter drain to collect water coming from wall cracks and other foundation wall defects, such as pipe protrusions.
- Plantings adjacent to basement are rotted roots that can create a path for surface water to flow down to your foundation.
Benefits of Basement Waterproofing:
- Building structure becomes safe.
- Utilization of basement may extend usable space.
- Reduce electric cost due to cool environment.
- Protect investment that has spent on basement construction.
- Peace of mind and secure fillings.
- Noise & Sound free environment.
Treatment & Procedure:
- Washout & remove sludge from basement.
- Fill patches, holes, cracks and fractured spots present in basement.
- Apply primary coat as sealant chemicals to fill capillaries of walls become water resistant.
- Apply Thick coat to further protection sealant layer.
- Apply another thick coat to further strengthen water proofing layers.
- Repair grouting in floor tiles to seal ground water.